Burger & Salad: Red, White & Blue Style
I've got two recipes to share! A burger with melted mozzarella and bacon paired with a spinach, berry and beet salad with an olive oil honey glaze for the dressing. Sounds fancy? It's really not. With the 4th of July coming up this weekend, I'm feeling rather festive lately and wanted to make something fun and different than I usually make for dinner. I stopped by Trader Joe's after work today (note to self: avoid going to Trader Joe's Monday afternoons at 5:45 p.m. at all costs) and the cheese section was calling my name. I have been craving cheese like crazy lately and I never splurge and buy fresh mozzarella, so it happened.
Burger Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1 lean ground beef patty
- Hearty slice of mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice of bacon (cooked)
- Lawry's seasoning salt (to taste)
- Spray small pan with cooking oil
- Season patty with seasoning salt
- Cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes each side
- Place mozzarella on burger once flipped
- Let cheese melt, remove from heat and garnish with crispy bacon
For the salad:
- Toss together spinach, sliced strawberries, beets and blueberries (EASY!)
- I suggest adding walnuts or pine nuts to this as well. I loved it as is, but an extra little crunch would be delicious.
Dressing (makes 2 servings):
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt (I use full fat)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat oil and honey over medium heat in a small saucepan
- Once oil starts to bubble, take the saucepan off heat and whisk the mixture
- Pour oil and honey into a bowl and add the yogurt and salt
- Whisk until you get a creamy consistency
Plate everything and enjoy!
I think I'll have to make these burgers again on Saturday!