Almond & Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love lazy Sundays. Even more so when there is baking involved. These Almond & Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing - super gooey on the inside and nice and crunchy on the outside. The almond flour and coconut gives them a little earthiness.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- large handful dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3 and a half tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, chocolate, salt, coconut and baking powder together
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well - you might be able to omit the milk, but my mixture was a little too crumbly at first, so I added a tablespoon of milk and it did the trick.
- Chill dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes
- Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown
This weekend was a great mixture of busy and relaxing. I taught two classes yesterday morning and my spin class was pretty full, which was exciting! Last night we went out to meet up with some friends and earlier today we took another picnic to the park before coming home to make these gooey chocolatey delicious cookies. YUM.
Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!